Hi Everyone! Hope you are staying safe and healthy as we navigate through this challenging moment in our history 😊. Speaking of history…history has shown us that out of turmoil and uncertainty comes adaptation, ingenuity and inventiveness. Today in 2020, we’re again seeing those positive things rising up through the uncertainty and turmoil.
Gitie and Gitie’s Auctions was impacted by Virginia’s business restrictions and therefore could not hold the Friday night auctions that we all love. However, by adapting and using social media, she and her team have brought the Friday night auctions to us, giving us the opportunity for fun and connecting with friends right from your home!
Last Friday Gitie and Gitie’s Auctions launched their first Facebook Live Auction 😊! Despite a couple of small technical hiccups, it was great to hear Gitie’s voice as she described and excepted bids on some awesome items. Just as importantly, everyone participating had a great time chatting with friends and other online bidders, while we enjoyed some friendly bidding wars 😊.
At the moment Gitie and Gitie’s Auctions are uncertain how long, and how frequent, the Facebook Live Auctions will continue. However, I am excited to say she is currently planning on having them weekly, until business restrictions have eased. Once restrictions have eased, she plans to continue the online auctions in addition to the live auctions. Stay tuned for details on platform, frequency etc.!
To join the auction this Friday, go to Gitie and Gitie’s Auctions on Facebook, or click this link https://www.facebook.com/Gitiesauction/ , at 6:00 P.M. Scroll through her page until you see the “Live” auction. The bidding starts at 6:15 to give folks a chance to join. While you’re waiting, click on the bell icon in the upper right corner of the chat screen to get notified anytime Gitie goes live. Take a look below, to see some of the other items that were auctioned during her first Facebook Live Auction.
The terms of auction are:
- All items will be invoiced and paid through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to receive and pay invoices).
- Winning bidders have 24 hours to pay their invoice. NOTE: If you do not pay your invoice within the 24 hours, you will lose your item. If you do not pay your invoice on time, twice, you will no longer be allowed to participate in Gitie’s online auctions.
- Items may be picked up locally or can be shiped to you. If you chose to have your item(s) shipped, you will charged a shipping fee. Multiple items won and shipped to the same address qualify for a discounted shipping fee.
- Winning items will be shipped after payment is received.
- Due to the lag in Facebook Live events, the auctioneer will give a 30 second warning, before declaring lot sold, to ensure they do not miss any bids.
- Bidding on lots will consist of the following bid structure:
- $1 to $10 – Bids will be in $1 increments until the lot reaches $20.
- $20 to $50 – Bids will be in $2 increments until the lot reaches $50
- $50 and above – Bids will be in $5 increments until item is sold.
- NOTE: Adjustments of the bid increments will be at the auctioneer’s discretion.
- To bid, use the comment box to enter the amount of your bid. Important: place a letter in front of your bid amount. You may use any letter, and the dollar sign is not needed. So as an example, if I wanted to bid $8 for an item, I decide to use the first letter of my last name, Self and type S8 in the comments.
- If you’re no longer interested in the item, please type “Out” in the comments, so auctioneer knows you are no longer bidding on that item.
- After it appears no more bids are coming in, the auctioneer will announce that bidding for that item is about to close and count down from 5 to 1, declare item “sold” and state the winning bidder.
Please keep in mind that this is an entirely new process for Gitie’s Auctions and her team, so details and hiccups are still being worked out. Gitie is working hard to make this a fun and interactive experience for everyone 😊. She and her team are both appreciative and thankful for all the support and patience that her customers have given.
Hope to see you on Facebook for some fun and friendly bidding! Angie