Hi Everyone! It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve posted, but I wanted to let everyone know that Gitie has another Facebook Live Auction tomorrow evening! She has a variety of unique items up for bid. Take a look at some pictures of a few of the items below, and if you’d like to see more head over to her FB page.
First up, a couple of art pieces, with at least one from a local artist. Both pieces are of Colonial Beach, the one on the left is of the boardwalk and beach. The piece on the right looks like a photo taken, during a storm, on Monroe Bay.
Next is a large collection of fantastically detailed birds carved out of stone and crystal.
Check out these intricate molds! I’m not sure what they’re used for, shortbread, or metal pouring maybe??? If you know, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post.
There is also a beautiful, vintage mini cocktail set housed in a set of books; and a tortoise colored bakelite case that could be used as a purse, make-up or art case, or as I would use it a sewing box 🙂
Rounding out this post are cast-iron toys, vintage advertising, knife with leather holder, antique gun powder flask, and a lovely fully-painted miniature portrait.
I hope you saw something that interested you, and will join Gitie tomorrow night at 6:00 P.M. when she goes live! If you’ve never watched or participated in her FB auctions, please familiarize yourself with the Terms of Auction below. Also consider following this blog and getting email notifications when new content is posted by signing up at the bottom of this post.
Thanks for spending time with us, and we hope to see you online!Happy Bidding,
Terms of Auction
- All items will be invoiced and paid through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account to receive and pay invoices).
- Winning bidders have 24 hours to pay their invoice. NOTE: If you do not pay your invoice within the 24 hours, you will lose your item. If you do not pay your invoice on time, twice, you will no longer be allowed to participate in Gitie’s online auctions.
- Items may be picked up locally or can be shiped to you. If you chose to have your item(s) shipped, you will charged a shipping fee. Multiple items won and shipped to the same address qualify for a discounted shipping fee.
- Winning items will be shipped after payment is received.
- Due to the lag in Facebook Live events, the auctioneer will give a 30 second warning, before declaring lot sold, to ensure they do not miss any bids.
- Bidding on lots will consist of the following bid structure:
- $1 to $10 – Bids will be in $1 increments until the lot reaches $20.
- $20 to $50 – Bids will be in $2 increments until the lot reaches $50
- $50 and above – Bids will be in $5 increments until item is sold.
- NOTE: Adjustments of the bid increments will be at the auctioneer’s discretion.
- To bid, use the comment box to enter the amount of your bid. Important: place a letter in front of your bid amount. You may use any letter, and the dollar sign is not needed. So as an example, if I wanted to bid $8 for an item, I decide to use the first letter of my last name, Self and type S8 in the comments.
- If you’re no longer interested in the item, please type “Out” in the comments, so auctioneer knows you are no longer bidding on that item.
- After it appears no more bids are coming in, the auctioneer will announce that bidding for that item is about to close and count down from 5 to 1, declare item “sold” and state the winning bidder.
Follow this blog via email